Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Intro and welcoming!

Well hello to you if you are reading this. My name is Nathan and I am a huge fighting game fanatic! I will be posting thoughts, ideas, vents, basically almost everything that crosses my mind. Now  most of my knowledge is on Street fighter but I know some amount on Marvel vs Capcom 3 also. As for other games such as Blazblue and Tekken, my brain has yet to be introduced to these games but I hope to soon learn these games. Also, just a side note, I don't CURRENTLY have console(I did, it's kinda a long story), I'm just a nerd about the game that's all.

How did I start to get into fighting games?
When I was around 9 or 10(possibly even younger) a cousin of mine gave me his old game boy advance. One of the games that he gave along with the Gameboy was Street fighter alpha 3. Now of course at the time I knew nothing about the game and just pressed a lot of buttons whenever I played it. Soon I learned that if I pressed the punch button a lot that blanka would electricute the opponent. I showed this to a cousin of mine which actually knew how to play the game. He told me that there was actually other moves to do also. Of course he showed me how to do the basic hadoken. After that I went crazy trying "down-forward and punch" on every single character. Soon I learned that it was only used for certain characters. I started to play it more and more and as I played it more I would ask my cousin for more moves. Of course there was a limit to how much they knew(or maybe I just stopped asking...I dont know for sure). He showed me how to do the super move which made me even more stoked! Soon enough tho,  I got tired of that game and started playing other games. Later on I sold my Gameboy for money for a DS. I then never cared about street fighter for a LONG LONG time. Not until I had moved and was about 14, had I relearned how awesome street fighter and fighting games were. I just had gotten a iPod for christmas and a few months after I had gotten it I saw that they had released street fighter on the iPod. I was extremely excited when I saw it so I had to "buy" it as soon as possible. At first I was just doing what I remembered like the basic hadoken and then I saw that they actually had a command list so I took a look at it and BAM...flash back into time. I remember the shoryukens, that wierd spinny kick, and the really awesome giant fireball that he shot(don't worry, I know what their real names are). Now that I had a that I wanted to get better at the game(even thought it was just on the iPod). I had also rememered that I had a cousin that had a ps2 and was pretty good and street fighter himself. It wasnt till a sleepover that I noticed that I sucked at street fighter(I thought I was great, I was, just on the iPod and nothing else). *If you don't have a clue what I have been saying this whole time then well, just read farther down* While at the sleepover we were playing street fighter alpha 3(ironic right?), and at this time, I had learned that there were charge characters, grapplers, and "down-forward" characters. I was convinced that my Guile was the best Guile out there and that I would be comboing my friends all day. (Yes I know, alpha 3 doesnt have Guile, it had Charlie, samething.) Boy was I wrong, I was the one being comboed on. I kept jumping in and kept jumping in with jab(light punch). I would only complete my combo once in like, a billion years. After the sleepover I wanted to get better and learn more about the game so I looked up "street fighter tournaments" just to see if I could find some pro action out there. Sure enough, the first video I would watch was the infamous video of Daigo parrying Chun's super. I watched that at first and I didn't have a clue what I just saw but I knew it was AWESOME!! So I looked up tutorials and the first video I came across was by this guy named "Tbirdsf4"(shout outs to him for great tutorials).  I watched all the parts of his tutorials and tried to apply them to the iPod version. Of course only certain things worked but I was still happy. I eventually got really invlovled with the game and was soon not to bad at it(on the iPod that was). It wasn't until later that I had learned of a even more in-depth tutorial by "Vesperarcade" (shout outs to them too)!! With this I was able to learn frame-data and option selects and many other things. I learned many other things later also but I think I've pretty much covered my whole life with this thing.

BACK TO SOME STREET FIGHTER!
I play Akuma and my MvC3 team is Wolverine, Amaterasu, Zero. In another post I will explain certain reasoning why I chose these certain character but as for right now, I shall allow you to take in that huge story I just wrote. If you skipped the story then well, your loss.

So please follow me and comment!!!

-Dive Kick Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment